When shopping for the perfect chainsaw for you, there are many factors you always have to consider. The Black&Decker chainsaw provides sawyers with peace of mind when going about frequent wood cutting tasks without fumbling with extension cords or using much gasoline. This chainsaw has a powerful 20 volt lithium-ion battery that enables sawyers execute plenty of heavy duty cutting projects. On top of this, its lightweight design offers easy maneuverability around the yard while also reducing exhaustion on the hands. The wrap around rear handle offers maximum control and handling of the chainsaw in the long run.
Specifications and Features
1. 20 V Lithium-ion Battery
The powerful lithium-ion battery is synonymous with most Black&Decker hand tools and helps in keeping the tool functioning for long till its next recharge exercise. It features a fade free performance, executing up to 150 cuts on a single charge on branches with a diameter of up to 2 inches. This is a lot of power packed in a single battery pack and comes with a fast charger in the first place.
2. Simple Start Switch
Being a cordless tool with no need to use petrol or diesel on it, Black&Decker chainsaw comes with a simple start button saving sawyers the effort needed turning on chainsaws that use pull cords to get the engine started. In addition, the use of a battery removes the need to have components such as carburetor or air filters which break down easily and replacing them is costly.
3. 10” Oregon Bar and Chain
The 10 inch Oregon low kickback bar helps in absorbing the much vibration that comes with cutting wood. The chain has a good cutting speed and it is easy to control it thanks to the busking spikes on the chain.
4. Oiling System
With the auto oiling system, it is easy to automatically lubricate the bar and chain thanks to the traditional primer that comes with the chainsaw. In addition, the lubricating system has a clear window, making it easy to monitor the dropping oil level. An easy to remove oil cap makes oil refilling much easier.
5. Wrap around Handles
Both the front and rear handles have rubberized wrap around to provide both comfort and much needed control when using this tool. On top of this, the handles are well positioned on the chainsaw offering easy portability and storage of the tool after use.
6. Tool Free Blade Tensioner
The tensioner requires no tool when it comes to adjusting the chain’s tension hence improving the tool’s ease of use. The adjuster comes in handy when there is a need to make fast adjustments.
- Lightweight tool hence offering easy maneuverability around the yard.
- Wrap around handle offers maximum control of the tool.
- No noise hence no disturbance of the neighborhood.
- Zero emissions making it an environmentally friendly tool.
- Long life battery which provides enough power for efficient cuts.
- Ergonomic design making handling and storage of the tool easy.
- Low maintenance cost required by the chainsaw.
- Low kickback mechanism allows sawyers perform smooth cuts.
- High battery power making one use less exertion force when cutting wood.
- Ace lubrication system eliminating the need for manual oiling of the bar and chain.
- Not designed to handle heavy cutting tasks as the battery is likely to drain fast.
- Accepts only 20 V lithium-ion batteries. It is not compatible with a 40 V battery.
- The auto oiler plug may loosen at times making auto lubrication a hard task in the long run.
- It is an expensive chainsaw since lithium-ion batteries are expensive to manufacture in the first place.
- Lithium-ion battery heat fast exposing sawyers to the risk of explosion or catching fire.
A Black&Decker chainsaw offers the best maneuverability functions while also giving users ample time to go about light wood cutting exercises compared to other corded chainsaws in the market. Their ergonomic design especially in the handles gives users some comfort and control when using the tool. Only little maintenance on the lithium-ion is required in terms of charging it to the full capacity. However this is dependent on how frequent the tool is in use. The battery has a very low rate of self-discharge, enabling it hold much of its charge for long. However, the battery’s lifespan is long giving sawyer’s value for their money in the end.
Looking for another model? Read our review on the Black-Decker LCS1240 12″ 40V Cordless Chainsaw!
Black+Decker LCS1020 Chainsaw
Build Quality - 7.5/10
Features - 7.5/10
Value for Money - 8.5/10